Sunday, June 2, 2013

Change of Course

It has been awhile since the last blog. It seems strange to finally write 4 years after I start it.  A lot of things can happen in 4 years.  My kids were 8, 12, 16, 18.  Now they are almost 2, 12, 16, 20, and 22. Notice there is another one.  I was pregnant twice, we have moved, lost jobs, gotten new jobs, had people live with us, and move out.  Many tears have fallen over a baby lost, friends losing their child, children leaving, graduations, a baby born, friendships lost, new friends leaving too quickly.  I really can't believe all the things that can change in such a short time.

So perhaps, it is time to start really recording these things.  As the days seem shorter the older I get, I feel a since of urgency, like time is slipping away down a stream that used to be a trickling brook, but now is river with rapids every few hundred yards.  I am starting a new adventure, a quick turn in the river of life, so I figure this is a good place to start recording what God is doing, while I bake bread in the morning, and spend time with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment